Nov 15, 2011

Stitching Score


During the process of making my first quilt for my son's birthday, I discovered the part I loved the most was hand-sewing the binding.  I spent the better part of an evening doing this while watching the movie Stepmom, and found myself so enjoyably consumed that I was actually slightly disappointed when I sewed the last stitch and the binding was done.  Suddenly I began craving any opportunity to pick up a thread and needle; mending my husband's jeans held me over for a little while.  So imagine my excitement when I came across this kit during my latest thrifting.  It's full of cute iron-on patterns and also comes with a simple instruction book.  Unfortunately the floss and hoop were missing which I imagine were easily swiped out of the unsealed box.  But no matter; I can't wait to get started on these projects just as soon as I pick some up from the craft store.



No comments:

Post a Comment