Mar 17, 2012

With a little luck...


 ...these rainbow cupcakes turned out for us!  My son and I spent the last few evenings baking our little hearts out all for a good cause - my company bake sale being held today.  It's been awhile since I've gotten to participate in a fundraiser, and it feels great to get one in this early in the year.  This particular one will be kicking off what I hope to be a lucrative year of giving.  Now that my son has reached an age that allows him to feel the gratification of giving (he is excellent at sharing) I hope to instill that in him for a lifetime.  When I was young, volunteering was something my heart called out for, though I wasn't particularly savvy enough to figure out how to get involved.  Already this year, some pretty amazing opportunities have presented themselves, and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of some of them.  Looks like the luck of the Irish is on our side.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


2 comments: