Nov 23, 2011

Meal Prep


Last year on Thanksgiving I spent the entire day preparing food in the kitchen.  I'm talking from 6am until the turkey was done, which was about four in the afternoon.  Now don't get me wrong, I was more than happy to cook for my family and everything turned out delicious, but I felt a little sad when 30 minutes later we were done eating and the day was pretty much gone.  I didn't get to spend any time playing games or watching movies with my husband and son, and I was so beat by the end of it all even an after dinner walk was out of the question. 


This year, I knew one thing... I wanted it to be different.  I wanted be able to prepare the meal and hang out; to look forward to sitting down to eat without feeling like I was going to collapse; to actually enjoy the day with my family.  So I came up with a solution. 


Instead of spending all day tomorrow making dinner, I spent nearly all day today doing it.  After my son and I braved the crowds at the market, we came home and got to work.  I made everything but the turkey, including the stuffing.  Now the only thing left to do tomorrow is stuff and roast the bird and assemble some pies.  I probably should have made the desserts today as well, but I am looking forward to a little baking tomorrow; and a movie; and most of all spending time with my family.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment