Nov 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Anytime we have over-ripe bananas, which is nearly every week, I throw them into our freezer in a freezer bag.  The only recipe I ever use them for is this one.  I should break out and try something new, like maybe muffins or some other banana flavored sweet, but this bread is so good I can't seem to resist.  Best eaten still warm out of the oven, it's moist enough to enjoy over the following few days; preferably sliced extra-thick with a great deal of butter. YUM.


Ingredients

1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. grated orange zest (or not)
1/2 t. salt
2 large eggs
1 c. mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350.  


Grease and flour a loaf pan.


Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk just until mixed. (so easy)



 

Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake 70 - 80 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. (My oven seems to run hot; I check the loaf after 50 minutes, and add time on from there to get it just right.)
Let loaf cool 10 minutes in pan , then turn out on a rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment